It is the desire of Liberty Christian Academy that modesty, neatness and Christian testimony should guide dress for all occasions. The desire of the school is to maintain an atmosphere that treats the teaching and learning process as important while presenting a wholesome, modest image as part of our testimony.
LCA’s approved uniform store is Educational Apparel, located at 3906 Brown Park Drive, Hilliard and online at www.educationalapparel.com
Log-in to their website to view LCA approved styles.
If you shop from other vendors, please compare your selections with those that have been approved from Educational Apparel. The particular items you are purchasing must be consistent in fabric, style and fit with those that have been approved from Educational Apparel, and they must align with all dress code guidelines.
General Dress Code Guidelines
● Good grooming should be a mark of every LCA student.
● Clothing items may be purchased from various local vendors as long as they are consistent in fabric, style and fit with those that have been approved from Educational Apparel. However, girls’ skirts and elementary jumpers must be purchased through Educational Apparel. A dress code violation will be issued for items noticeably different. Cargo pants, denim, skinny pants, etc. are NOT permitted.
● No outerwear jackets, hats, hoodies or boots are to be worn in the classrooms.
● All shirts must remain tucked in and buttoned completely except for the top button.
● Students are expected to avoid extremes in clothing and hairstyles, so as not to draw undue attention to oneself.
● LCA students are to arrive at school in uniform as defined by the dress code guidelines and are to remain in uniform until dismissal.
● Pants – Navy or khaki consistent with Educational Apparel uniform fabric, style and fit. Cargo pants, denim, skinny pants, etc. are NOT permitted.
● Walking Shorts – Navy or khaki consistent with Educational Apparel uniform fabric, style and fit, and cannot be higher than 2” above the knee or lower than the bottom of the knee. Cargo, denim or skinny shorts, etc. are NOT permitted.
● Polo Shirts – Consistent with Educational Apparel uniform style for Elementary grades. Purchased through Educational Apparel with LCA crest for Middle School/High School.
● Sweaters/Vests – Consistent with Educational Apparel uniform fabric, style, fit and colors.
● Sweatshirts – Purchased through Educational Apparel with LCA crest. Must be worn with a uniform collared polo shirt underneath the sweatshirt.
● Socks – Students must wear socks.
● Undergarments – Proper undergarments must be worn at all times and must not be visible in any way.
● Shoes – All colors of athletic shoes are within dress code. Shoes must be laced and tied. Heels/soles should not exceed 2” in height. Shoes must be fully enclosed. Boots are not to be worn in the classroom.
Girls’ Dress/Hair Code (Grades K-12)
School skirts and elementary jumpers must be purchased through Educational Apparel. Skirt must touch the top of the knee.
Tights and ankle-length leggings are permitted in a solid color, with no patterns or designs.
Earrings are the only pierced jewelry permitted and are limited to two pieces of ear jewelry per ear. Gauges are not permitted. Bracelets may be worn if conservative in style and not distracting to the classroom setting (i.e. no clanking bracelets). All jewelry is to be simple and must be inoffensive to the Christian faith.
Scarves are not permitted.
Makeup and nail polish are permitted, but must not draw undue attention. Visible tattoos (permanent or temporary) or body piercing/body art are not permitted. Students may not write on any part of their bodies including arms, hands, etc.
Hair must be kept clean and well groomed. Hair styles must be neat and styled in a manner that hair does not fall into the eyes. Hair dying (unnatural colors), bleaching or styles that draw undue attention are not permitted. Any hair coloring should only complement existing color.
Boys’ Dress/Hair Code (Grades K-12)
A belt is required with uniform pants and shorts for Middle School/High School boys. Belts need to be plain and of one solid color that coordinates with the uniform. Belts are intended to keep pants at the waist; therefore pants may not be worn below the waist in a “slouching” or “sagging” position.
No earrings or other pierced jewelry of any kind. All jewelry must be inoffensive to the Christian faith.
Students must be clean-shaven at all times. Sideburns may not extend below the middle of the ear. Facial hair is only permitted with administrative approval based on extenuating circumstances.
Visible tattoos or body piercing are not permitted. Students may not write on any part of their bodies including arms, hands, etc. Boys are not permitted to wear makeup or nail polish.
Hair must be kept clean and well groomed. Hair length must be cut and styled so that the hair does not fall into the eyes, must not be longer than the top of the ear on the
sides and must be above the collar in the back. Designs shaved into the hair, and partially or fully shaved heads are not acceptable. Hair accessories, hair dying (unnatural
colors), bleaching or styles that draw undue attention are not permitted. Any hair coloring should only complement your existing color.