History & School Profile
Liberty Christian Academy is a private, non-denominational Christian school, founded in 1983. Our mission is to provide a quality Christian education in a Christ-centered environment in order to reach students for Christ and equip them to serve God and impact the world through biblical thought and action.
The K-12 campus is centrally located off of I-70 and SR 310 in Pataskala, Ohio. Our campus sits on twenty-four acres of land and has an enrollment of approximately 620 students. Additionally, we have two Preschool campuses. Our Preschool building in Pataskala, OH and has 7 PK classrooms with over 80 students, and our Pickerington Preschool building will be opening for the 2022-2023 school year.
- 1982 – A group of Christians from Columbus, Ohio, headed by David and LaVonne McIlrath, gathered and agreed to the need of an independent non-denominational Christian school in the city.
- 1983 -A vacated building in Columbus was leased and the doors were opened with 135 students.
- 1987 – First graduating class of Liberty Christian Academy
- 2000 – Growth in the Pataskala area necessitated the lease of additional space from two area churches. That fall 50 students, preschool through 8th grade, attended the new additional campuses.
- 2007 – LCA realized that with the continued growth we needed our own facility.
- 2008 – Construction was completed at our current location in Pataskala, Ohio. It opened with 200 students in preschool – 10th grade.
- 2010 – Original Liberty Christian Academy campus in Columbus closed.
- 2010 – 1st graduating class of Liberty Christian Academy in Pataskala.
- 2014 – Construction begins on a new addition.
- 2015 – Dedication of the Liberty Christian Academy Sports and Activities Complex.
- 2019 – Grand opening of new preschool at 758 Corylus Drive on Sept. 20, 2019.
- 2022 – Grand opening of Pickerington preschool at 5780 Reynoldsburg Baltimore Road
Today Liberty Christian Academy serves over 670 preschool through 12th grade students.
Dr. Wade Mumm
Dr. James Davis
Mrs. Julie Golia
Amanda Cecil, Head of School
Jeremy Blythe, Director of Operations
Erin Gaglione, Preschool Director, Pataskala
Amanda Cecil, Interim Preschool Director, Pickerington
Melisha Stiffler, Elementary Principal
Jonathan Priest, Middle School / High School Principal
Liberty Christian Academy (LCA) is located east of Columbus in Pataskala, Ohio, a growing business and residential community.
LCA staff maintain a “School Profile” designed to summarize our academic program, student standardized testing profile, college matriculation, and other relevant information. Please download the high school 2022-2023 profile by clicking on the below link.
High School Profile 2022-2023
|Location||Grades K-12 : 10447 Refugee Rd, Pataskala, OH 43062
Preschool : 758 Corylus Drive, Pataskala, OH 43062
Preschool : 5780 Reynoldsburg Baltimore Road, Pickerington, OH 46147
|Phone/Fax||Phone: 740-964-2211 Fax: 740-964-2311|
|School Hours (K-12)||8:30 AM – 3:30 PM|
|Accreditation/License & Affiliations||Chartered through the Ohio Department of Education.
Preschool licensed by the Ohio Department of Education Division of Early Childhood Education.
Member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Member of the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA)
Mid-Ohio Christian Athletic League (MOCAL)
Member of the Pataskala Chamber of Commerce
|Faculty||All educators are degreed and are certified or licensed by the Ohio Department of Education.|
|School Colors||Maroon and Gold|
|School Verse||“But those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31|
|Athletics||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Track and Field|
|Additional Programs||Extended care available before and after school, daily hot lunch options.
Bussing provided by several area districts.