Liberty Christian Academy teaches technology throughout the entire curriculum. It is a tool we use to learn more about any and every subject. As we use technology to more fully explore God’s world, we also strive to master it. We master technology by thinking critically about how we use it in our everyday lives and by learning the skills needed to use it efficiently and effectively.
LCA Technology Subscriptions ::
- Accelerated Reader (1st-8th) – Motivate, monitor, and manage students’ independent reading practice with Accelerated Reader and watch as students develop a true love for reading.
- ALEKS Math (6th-12th) – ALEKS is a research-based, online learning program that offers course products for math. Rooted in 20 years of research and analytics, ALEKS is a proven, online learning platform that helps educators and parents understand each student’s knowledge and learning progress in depth, and provides the individual support required for every student to achieve mastery.
- IXL English (1st-8th) – From phonics and reading comprehension to writing strategies and more, IXL helps learners develop the communication skills needed for success in school, college, and career.
- IXL Math (1st-5th) – Gain fluency and confidence in math! IXL helps students master essential skills at their own pace through fun and interactive questions, built in support, and motivating awards.
- Star Reading (1st-8th) – This comprehensive reading assessment gives you the information you need to ensure your students reach high levels of literacy. It can be used for universal screening, progress monitoring, goal setting, and more.
- Turn It In (1st-12th) – Turn It In empowers students to do their best, original work. It ensures original work from students and addresses even the most sophisticated potential misconduct. Turn It In helps develop students’ original thinking skills with high quality, actionable feedback that fits into teachers’ existing workflows.
- Vocabulary A-Z (1st-6th) – Vocabulary A-Z is a digital solution for helping students build spelling and vocabulary understanding. Students practice online by completing game based activities that make learning fun and provide valuable data to inform instruction.
LCA Technology Elective Courses* ::
- Digital Photography – This course introduces students to the basics of digital photography using a Digital SLR camera. Also introduces students to basic post processing editing.
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity – Students will learn cybersecurity topics such as software security, networking, system administration, and the basics of cryptography and programming.
- Graphic Design: In this class, students develop beginner and intermediate digital design skills using Adobe Creative Cloud apps like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Advanced classes use developing skills to produce school marketing pieces.
- Java – The CodeHS Intro to Java (Latte) course is designed to help students master the basics of Java with a focus on problem solving and algorithm development.
- Python 3 – This course teaches the fundamentals of computer programming as well as some advanced features of the Python 3 language. By the end of this course, students build a simple console-based game.
- Technology & Inventive Design – In this class, students will learn the basic engineering process and be presented with various real-world problems to solve. Students will develop a solution, build the solution, and present the solution to the class. Technology being used includes 3D Printing, LEGO Mindstorms, and various building tools.
- Web Design – In this project-based course, students will learn how to build their own web pages using the languages of HTML and CSS. They will create their own live homepages to serve as portfolios of their creations.
*The technology elective courses are offered on a rotational basis and are not offered every school year.